(Insert happy dance here!)
The coasters are finished and waiting to cure for (gasp!) a month so they don’t decide to adhere to any glasses. I did try the painted glaze, but quickly wiped it off. It just looked too muddy. Here’s a side view of what they look like with their cork.
And here’s the top view of my two new sets of coasters. Yay!
And today’s work has been sewing a pillowcase burrito style. I got the pdf for the “recipe” off the allpeoplequilt.com website. The instructions are very thorough and include step by step pictures. The only thing between me and the pillowcase was then:
repinning the burrito because I didn’t read ahead to the next step
realizing very fine needles cannot be felt that much… you just see them dangling from your finger… interesting
a search for a small screwdriver
finding out I didn’t need the screwdriver and hoping I didn’t just screw up my machine
cleaning off the feed dogs
finding out that probably wasn’t the problem either
ripping and restarting nearly every seam
wondering why my fabric still kept shifting (need to call Mom about that one)
ironing the end seams funny and not caring because it was DONE!
One down, 6 more to go. Yeah, I went crazy on the fabric end of my stash enhancing. In my defense, I’m thinking customization. No more shopping 3 different stores to find linens to match. I’m sincerely hoping I get faster… and figure out my feed dog issues with flannel.